Friday, October 5, 2012

Clogged pores

More and more I find that my frustrations with the world are self-absorbed people. Really isn't that the opposite of God's call? If we aren't porous for the Word He wants to plant in our life then where do we end up?
I hate when a sponge sits on my counter unused for days. It hardens like a rock and smells worse than any present my dogs can leave. Florida heat gives its own odor of humid musk.
Lately my challenges aren't expressing myself but being understood. As I'm transformed more on the inside by an invisible force of Spirit my outlook on life is transforming without a sense of acknowledgement. I find myself suddenly frustrated with the world. Why?
The good news is my values demand higher people-centered standards embracing the concept that we are all ONE Body in Christ. The bad news is living in a fallen world means having to deal with people that have not seen or heard anything beyond their mirror. It’s a sad state of affairs when someone can rage through a room with hurricane condition winds without assessing any damage done. Instead the damage done is blamed on the people who feel hurt.
As if it was their fault they are reacting with sadness, pain, sense of loss and confusion. Sure the only thing we can control is how we think and react to such situations. We are called to be the better person and turn the other cheek, love our enemies and smile the light of Christ as a beacon of hope. Our minds have to fight the war to stay continually focused on the promise we know is yet to come while witnessing evil actions and destructive behavior.
This is the climax of war. We are all there moment to moment in every decision. Whether we choose to believe in a higher being or not, there is a spiritual war. Those that believe in Christ know what a famous Christian artist sings is real "there’s a battle between good and evil...a battle for my heart but the war is already won."
Pride ensues and wants to provide evidence the claims against us are false. Judgment wants us to paint the offender in a prison. Anger demands justice or revenge. None of these are the verbs of love are of Christian character listed in 1 Cor 13.
Faith demands silence. Hope demands prayer. Love demands mercy.
God help me deal with the clogged pores around me! Only your Spirit can open them, release the stench and pour rivers of live back into the rigid flat life. Fill me up so much that I'm leaking out on all those around me. Breathe fresh live giving air in my soul and let my droplets sparkle!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment