Monday, November 19, 2012

Time warp

Funny I thought it would be easy to write a blog because I am constantly journaling. Like my 20 year anniversary with the Air Force, I don’t know where the time went. All I can be assured of this week is I got this far by following God. He was always driving. Most of the time I was the backseat obnoxious traveler shouting out my own directions or a repetitive “are we there yet?” inquiry. At some point during service this week I was reminded by this internal God Positioning Spirit of the glory days when I fell in love with praise and worship. This all started at my first assignment and almost feels full circle 20 years later. Both church families encouraged me to live out my faith in a loving community, challenged me to stretch my talents through service positions and provided awesome date nights with my husband Jesus. If I wasn’t launched into this world I’m not sure where I’d be right now. I really don’t even want to think of what my 19-year old “Ms. Independent” self would have ended up. Life just can’t be in isolation. We weren’t created to be alone. We were created for a higher purpose by an Almighty God who himself is three in one. I’m sure Big Poppa had to take me kicking and screaming sometimes but locked down in His car seat was the safest way to ride. He knew that. Eventually so did I. When I stopped trying to provide it all for myself and started giving Jesus my “honey do” list, prayers were answered before I even knew I had a need. My past proved His miraculous hand in my life guided me to exactly where I needed to be, my future is secure as I continue to trust His piloting and I’m alive daily looking forward to where ever we go next. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment