Wednesday, January 1, 2020

She's my girl!

Child of God
Spouse of Holy Spirit
Mother of Jesus
And a teenage girl!

As if that isn't mindblowing enough, then God invites all humans to experience the spiritual journey she had by saying yes too.

Hold on. How can this be?
Mary asked that too in Luke 1. The answer will floor you. ANYTHING is possible with God. He'll give you His Spirit.

So Mary gracefully accepts His will over her own, puts her physical life in danger by becoming a pregnant teen at a time they stoned women for that. She risks looking insane when she has to tell people she never had sex with a man. Mary will look emotionally unstable. But spiritually she'll be the strongest human ever.

Am I up for the challenge? Are you?

This is how the Catholics start their new year, pondering Mary's yes as we think of our own while making our own resolutions. Mary pondered her own faith and kept it deep in her heart. So did I at mass today.

"when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.  Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “ Abba, Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir."
Galatians 4:4‭-‬7 NIV

Mary is an heir just like us!

She's my girl, my role model. She's the mother Jesus gives us before he breathes his last human breath on the cross. She's got supernatural insight beyond comprehension I can lean on. There is so much God reveals to us with this yes, when we can truly say "yes, let my life be lived according to your will."

I'm in awe of this grace! I could write forever but I'll end here. Praying for all of us to fully receive this love of God he wants to impregnate us with so we may birth it to the world.

Blessed Solemnity!


No comments:

Post a Comment